Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Co-Sleeping to Sleep Training

I have been co-sleeping with my 15 month old since I brought him home from the hospital.  He falls asleep in my arms every night.  I've tried to put him into his crib asleep but he wakes up after 1-2 hours and won't lie back down, so I bring him back into bed with me where he immediately falls back to sleep.  I decided to move his crib out of my room so he can't see me, but it doesn't seem to help.  I am not at advocate of "crying it out" so that's not going to work for me. We are expecting our next baby and so I have about 8 months to get my son into his own bed because there just isn't enough room for my pregnant belly and a sleeping/breakdancing 15-month old.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Co-Sleeping to Sleep Training

• Options
    ase
    to
  • Options

I have been co-sleeping with my 15 month old since I brought him home from the hospital.  He falls asleep in my arms every night.  I've tried to put him into his crib asleep but he wakes up after 1-2 hours and won't lie back down, so I bring him back into bed with me where he immediately falls back to sleep.  I decided to move his crib out of my room so he can't see me, but it doesn't seem to help.  I am not at advocate of "crying it out" so that's not going to work for me. We are expecting our next baby and so I have about 8 months to get my son into his own bed because there just isn't enough room for my pregnant belly and a sleeping/breakdancing 15-month old.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ase
    Quote test
    This is my SIGNATURE